Thursday, August 6, 2009

Pimento Cheese Sandwich

Do you like pimento cheese sandwiches? I love them. I have never made them with a recipe that included cream cheese until I tried Bobby Deens' recipe. His momma taught him well!!!! I made one or two small changes, but you might like his recipe more than mine:

1 3-ounce package cream cheese
1 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese (sharp has a great flavor)
1 cup grated monterey jack cheese
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/2 tsp Paula Deen's House Seasoning (this is salt, pepper & garlic) I left this out
2 to 3 T pimentos
1 tsp grated onion (I used sweet pickle relish,drained) don't want onion in my pimento cheese sandwich, guess it is because mom used pickle relish
Cracked black pepper (well maybe a little)

Using an electric mixer, beat softened cream cheese until smooth and fluffy. Add all of the remaining ingredients and beat until well blended.





I have been searching for these sandwich thins since I saw them in a magazine and finally WalMart has them,



They make a very good sandwich, not heavy on the bread and I only hope WalMart keeps them. I hate it when I really like an item and they decide not to stock it anymore!!!



Add a few chips and a Dr. Pepper and you have a tasty lunch! (or I do...ha)

8 comments:

Sunny said...

This sound really yummy, I'll have to look for the sandwich thins when I go to WalMart.
Sunny :)

Patty said...

Wish I had some here, now, it's almost lunch time. I think I could convince Abe to try it. He loves grilled cheese, but not sure he would want the pimento cheese spread. Although after 54 years, he's learning to eat what I set in front of him and not complain. LOL

Together We Save said...

Sounds yummy.

Betsy Brock said...

I haven't had pimento cheese spread in decades...and I don't think it was homemade, either! This looks yummy!

I saw those Sandwich Thins at Sams Club and wondered if they would be good!

Unknown said...

the recipes that you post are great comfort food. I bet you are a great cook.

I don't think I would use onion in my spread either. Always, sweet pickle relish.

Just wondering, are you planning on seeing Julie/Julia?

nanny said...

Patty...that's funny...Abe has learned well/ha
Betsy....if you like the taste of pimento, I think you would like this!
Cindy...I can't wait to see Julie/Julia

KBeau said...

My mother has put cream cheese in her pimento cheese for as long as I can remember. Really good.

Jill from Killeny Glen said...

YUMMY! Hubbie and I have been enjoying this bread too! We also like them toasted for an egg sandwich!