Thursday, April 16, 2009

Mom's Tuna Fish



Don't you just love tuna fish sandwiches? I decided to skip the bread today and have it on a bed of lettuce. There are two things missing from this lunch, fresh tomatoes and sliced cucumbers! That would have made it all complete. My mom made the best tuna fish. Her secret ingredient was an apple! I always chop an apple in mine and it gives it a flavor I love. When I was in the first grade I remember my teacher asking me everyday what I brought in my lunch. If it was tuna she would beg to trade sandwiches, of course I would. She loved mom's tuna fish. I guess you could say that was back in the good ole days when you could safely trade sandwiches with your teacher.

Mom's Tuna
2 cans tuna
2 boiled eggs
2 T mayo (I use miracle whip)
3 Heaping T. sweet pickle relish, drained
1 Apple
Enjoy!

Back to the yard,,,still planting flowers. I have gone back to Lowe's twice for more potting soil. I never learn to buy several bags at a time. I'm talking those huge bags, heavy!

Have a good day all!

9 comments:

Jill from Killeny Glen said...

Oh Nanny...I so love tuna salad! I have had it with grapes but NOT apple...I will try that!! Maybe try it tomorrow as you have me craving a yummy tuna sandwich!

Enjoy your flowers.

Linda said...

Your lunch looks delish! I love tuna but would have never thought to add in apple. I think I'll give this a try tomorrow! Thanks for your mom's great recipe.

Alison said...

that is the best tuna fish!
i have been planting too. i'll be back in the blog world soon.

Betsy Brock said...

Love the picture of your lunch...it's gorgeous! I'll have to try an apple in my tuna next time I make it!

Technonana said...

Oh Yes, one of Papa's favorites... this sounds just like his mama's recipe!!

grammy said...

I have never heard of apple in tuna...I will try it because I love it in chicken salad...yummm.

Solar Powered said...

Mine never turns out like yours

Unknown said...

Uuummm! That looks delicious. Even at 9am on a Saturday morning.

Patty said...

I will try an apple the next time I make some. I would never have thought of that.