Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Tuna Boat



I got this recipe from my sister in law years ago and don't know where it originated.. thinking probably Southern Living. Anyway it has become a favorite with the family.

6 sourdough french rolls (I couldn't find these, so I used 3 sub rolls)
1 (7-oz can tuna, drained (mine were 5 oz cans, used 2)
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1/4 cup chopped water chestnuts
1/4 cup chopped celery
1/4 cup chopped green pepper
1/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
2 T grated onion
2 T olives, sliced
dash of Worcestershire sauce
dash of hot sauce
1/3 cup salad dressing

Cut a 1/2 inch slice from top of each roll; scoop out center, leaving a shell. Combine tuna and next 9 ingredients. Add mayo, toss gently to coat. Spoon tuna mixture into shells; place on a baking sheet. Bake at 400 deg. for 15 minutes.

I love the texture of all the ingredients.....crunchy tuna boat!

Enjoy!

7 comments:

Jill from Killeny Glen said...

Oh wow...it is after ten p.m. and I am REALLY HUNGRY for a delectable Tuna Boat! Pretty too.

theUngourmet said...

Yum! I make tuna melts a lot but I've never made tuna boats. I could really set sail with one of these yummy sandwiches! :0)

KBeau said...

Sounds great. Might have to try those for dinner one night.

Solar Powered said...

yum...i gotta make those soon. I love getting an olive bite.

Betsy Brock said...

These look great...and I wasn't expecting them to go into the oven! I want one! :)

Patty said...

They look yummy, served along with a few chips and some watermelon chunks.

Alison said...

I've been making those so wrong all this time!