Monday, May 18, 2009

Asian Chicken Thighs



Don't you just love a good thigh or wing recipe? Economical and still a great flavor.
This one is just so flavorful, I could have it weekly. Don't know where I got this recipe so I apologize to whomever?? But here it is:

5 bone-in chicken thighs, skin removed
5 tsp olive oil
1/3 cup warm water
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
2 T orange juice
2 T soy sauce
2 T ketchup
1 T white vinegar
4 garlic cloves, minced (I use the jar of chopped garlic, so easy)
1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
1/4 tsp Chinese five-spice powder (I have not found this, but searched on web for recipe and made my own,,I mean 1/4 tsp isn't much)


Hot cooked rice
Sliced green onions, optional

1) In a large skillet, brown chicken in oil over medium heat for 18-20 minutes or until juices run clear. Meanwhile, in a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the warm water, brown sugar, orange juice, soy sauce, ketchup, vinegar, garlic, pepper flakes and five-spice powder; shake until sugar is dissolve.

2) Pour over chicken. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered for 30-35 minutes or until chicken is tender, turning occasionally.

Serve with rice. Garnish with green onions, optional

Easy recipe and I'll bet you have almost all of the ingredients in the pantry. That's the kind of recipe I like.

What's your favorite thigh or wing recipe? I'd love to have it.

Have a good evening all!

7 comments:

The Mrs. said...

That looks soooooooooooooooo good! YUM!

Jill from Killeny Glen said...

Wow...this does look yummy!
My kiddos are HUGE chicken eaters and we will have to try this!

Anonymous said...

Hi Nanny! Yes, I'm in Mo - my brother is in Texas, now, I'm curious, what made you ask that?

Betsy Brock said...

That sauce sounds scrumptous and couldn't be easier!

grammy said...

Looks absolutely yummy. I want that roll (o: I will have to try this, I use breast mostly.

Anonymous said...

Oh ok - I never even thought about the weather deal on my sidebar! I couldn't figure out how you was connecting me w/ Texas! hehehehe

Alison said...

i'm trying this one!!! yum, yum.