Monday, January 19, 2009

Chicken Enchiladas



Wow these were good! Was gonna show you the dish when I took it out of the oven but we were so hungry....these are what's left
I really recommend this recipe. Got it from a school cookbook I bought last week:

Chicken Enchiladas
1 can cream of chicken soup
1/4 cup taco sauce
1 cup sour cream
1 can chopped green chiles
1 pkg flour tortillas ( I used 5)
1 pkg chicken breasts, cooked and diced
2 cups shredded Cheddar-Jack cheese
3 T Butter
1 1/2 T flour
1 1/2 T chili powder
1 1/2 cups chicken broth

Mix soup, taco sauce, sour cream and green chiles together. (I had about half of this left) Spread part of the soup mixture evenly on each tortilla. Top with chicken and cheese in the middle of the tortilla and roll up. Place in a greased casserole dish ( I just put part of chicken broth mixture in dish) Combine the butter, flour, chili powder and chicken broth in a sauce pan. Cook until smooth. Pour over the enchiladas and top with cheddar-jack cheese. Bake at 350 deg for 30 min.

I wasn't sure about the chicken broth mixture but it gave a really good flavor that I like alot.

Ok off to watch Batchelor!

2 comments:

Betsy Brock said...

Yum....I must try these!

Solar Powered said...

those look delicious. check your email.