Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Crock Pot Wednesday - Pulled Pork



In the February/March issue of Taste of Home, this simple wonderful recipe was a must to try. I have tried cooking pork tenderloin once or twice but I think I overcook and haven't had success.....Until....Tangy Pulled Pork Sandwiches came to my attention.

1 pork tenderloin (1 lb) approx.
1 cup ketchup
2 T plus 1 1/2 tsp brown sugar
2 T plus 1 1/2 tsp cider vinegar
1 T plus 1 1/2 tsp worcestershire sauce
1 T spicy brown mustard
1/4 tsp pepper

Cut the tenderloin in half; place in slow cooker. Combine the ketchup, brown sugar, vinegar, worcestershire sauce, mustart and pepper; pour over pork.

Cover and cook on low for 4 - 5 hours or until meat is tender. Remove meat; shred. Return to cooker, heat through. Serve on rolls.

Easy uh? Very good, I promise!

Top with mustard coleslaw.......

3/4 cup mustard
3/4 cup cider vinegar
1/2 cup sour cream
1/2 cup ketchup
1/4 cup mayo
1 T salt
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
1 1/4 cups sugar
2 heads cabbage, shredded
1 onion, finely chopped
1 bell pepper, chopped
1 carrot, shredded
1 celery rib, finely chopped

This feeds 24, so decrease quantity as needed. I used about 1/4 of each ingredient. You know slaw...measurements don't have to be exact...but I do love the flavor of this mixture!




For more crockpot recipes, click here and check out Debbie's wonderful Asian Turkey and Rice Soup recipe.

Have a good day all!

Nanny

12 comments:

Candi said...

Pulled pork in the crock pot is the best!

Jill from Killeny Glen said...

Delicious AS ALWAYS!

Veggiemomof2 said...

We love pulled pork that's been simmering in BBQ sauce all day!

Unknown said...

I was going to make soup for Jennifer but I think I've changed my mind. It sure looks good.

Brian Miller said...

mmm...that is good stuff...love pulled pork in our crock pot...

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

Nonny this sounds sooooo good! I love tender pork in BBQ sauce and served on a bun topped with coleslaw ...oh my goodness! Crock pot cooking is so convenient.

grammy said...

Sounds great. I need to use the crock pot more...think I will also check out Debbies site.

Solar Powered said...

I still haven't made this...maybe when you come in town?

Tanna said...

oooohhhh... that looks so yummy! the coleslaw recipe looks killer, too! i want to come eat at your house! =)

Linda said...

This sounds delish and I was just thinking about pulled pork the other day. Great minds think alike!

Tiffanee said...

This sounds and looks so delicious!! I am going to have to try it out!! Thanks.

The Mrs. said...

That sounds goooooooooood!