Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Paula Does it Again!


Have I told you about the Chicken and Rice Casserole from The Lady & Sons Cookbook? The recipe makes a 9x 13 which is way too much for two people so I made two smaller ones and froze the extra. Tonight was the night for the frozen one.....thawed it, covered it with cheese and baked it....how easy is that. Result, Excellent,,,,better than the first one. Couldn't find the recipe on Paula's site so here it is, and I recommend it!

3 cups diced cooked chicken, ( I boiled whole one)
1 medium onion, diced and sauteed
1 - 8 oz can water chestnuts, drained and chopped
2 - 14 1/2 oz cans french green beans, rinsed and drained (I have to omit these, he wouldn't even bite anything green)ha
1 - 4 oz can pimentos, rinsed and drained
1 - can cream of celery soup
1 - cup mayo
1 - 6 oz box Uncle Ben's longrain and wild rice, cooked according to pkg directions
1 - cup grated sharp cheddar cheese

Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Mix all ingredients together and pour into a 3-quart (or 2 smaller). Bake for 25 minutes.

Let me know if you like it, I wish I could have it with the green beans in it!

Have a good evening!

3 comments:

Betsy Brock said...

That looks really good...and easy! Don't let granolachic see that picture with all that cheese on top! ha-ha!

nanny said...

can't help it,,,,,I love cheese!

Jill from Killeny Glen said...

Yum. Ya know...I am going to try this one...I think the kiddos will like it...I have a couple that won't think the green beans are cool but the rest of us like them!