Monday, May 11, 2009

Cooking With Paula Deen



I found this recipe in the May issue of Cooking with Paula Deen and it is so good! I tried to find a link for it but could not so here is the recipe;

Quick Chicken Parmesan

3/4 cup panko (Japanese bread crumbs)
1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
1 1/2 tsp italian seasoning
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
1 egg
1 1/2 lbs chicken tenderloins (I cut up 3 boneless, skinless breasts)
4 T oil, divided
1 6 oz bag fresh baby spinach
1 26 oz pasta sauce ( I used bertolli tomato & basil)
1 cup shredded mozzarella
1 16 oz box fettuccini, cooked according to pkg directions (I used Barilla Whole Grain thin spaghetti)

In a shallow dish, combine bread crumbs, parmesan cheese, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper.
In a separate dish, lightly beat egg. Dip chicken in egg; dredge in bread-crumb mixture.
In a large ovenproof skillet, heat 3 T oil over medium heat. Cook chicken for 3 to 4 minutes per side, or until golden brown. Remove chicken from pan; set aside, and keep warm.
Add remaining 1 T oil to skillet: heat over medium heat, Add spinach: cook for 1 to 2 minutes or until spinach is wilted. Remove spinach from pan; set aside, and keep warm.

Preheat broiler.
Add pasta sauce to skillet; place chicken over sauce. Bring to a simmer over medium heat; reduce heat, and simmer for 5 minutes. Top each chicken evenly with spinach. sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.

Broil for 3 to 4 minutes, or until cheese is melted and browned. Serve over pasta.

The flavors are so good together! I think the May issue is one of the best ones ever. There are lots of recipes I want to try. I've already made Bubba's Steak Finger recipe 3 times. He uses crushed saltines in the dry mixture and it makes for a good flavor.....

Have a good evening all!

5 comments:

Joyce said...

I can't wait to try Uncle Bubba's steak fingers. We were down to Savannah last month and we drove right past Uncles place on the water to eat. I hear that it is wonderful. I have not eaten at Paula's yet because they have this crazy reservation system and we never want to wait in the long lines. It looks good because you can see the buffet from the window. I have gone into the gift shop and they have cute items. I keep saying I am going to buy an apron and then I never do buy one as I am distracted by all the other goodies in her cute shop:)

KBeau said...

Love Paula's recipes. Like your Kris Allen button. I grew up in Camden; my husband is from Newport; my brother and SIL live in Conway. We're all huge Kris fans.

Where are you in Arkansas?

Jill from Killeny Glen said...

YUM! Nanny...that makes my mouth water. We love chicken parm at our house and adding the spinach...oh, I am definitely going to try this one.

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness, that sounds sooo good - my mouth is watering! Yummy yummy in my tummy!

You had asked how what I did to my 2nd pic on my page... I set the camera to the "Sunset" setting when I took the picture, then in my photo editing program I did the Noise Reduction to soften the shot. I like the 2nd one best too! Thank You!!!

Solar Powered said...

that looks so yummy