Tuesday, April 14, 2009

A Day at the Nursery!



The weather has finally warmed up enough for me to make my annual visit to the nursery. This nursery is back in the country about 20 miles from my house. They sell to Wal Mart, Lowes, etc. but I can cut out the middle man by making a visit in person. I love this trip but it is so hard to decide which plants to buy. For instance:
Would you choose impatiens?..or a sunflower?












They also had a wonderful selection of hanging baskets,









I finally decided on 2 ferns, 2 hanging baskets, and a flat of misc.








Tomorrow it is flower pots, miracle grow and hands in the dirt!!
I do love spring, almost as much as summer!

I almost forgot, I saw one butterfly in the nursery, I think he has found a home!





It was a fun day, hope you all are having fun too!

5 comments:

Jill from Killeny Glen said...

Beautiful! Beautiful! Beautiful!
I am jealous! I so look forward to picking my plants each year...we are not quite there yet...but soon very soon.

In the meantime...I will look at your beautiful flowers!! Thank you.

grammy said...

Busy day full of plants and...was that a moth? I like sunflowers.

Solar Powered said...

fun day

Anonymous said...

I wouldn't be able to choose just one or two, that's for sure! I want some BIG TALL BEAUTIFUL SUNFLOWERS!!! hehehe
Beautiful flower photos, Nanny!!!

Unknown said...

So many beautiful flowers! Where I live, our nurserys aren't quite in full swing yet. Usually around the 1st of May is when we can dig in!