Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Now That's A Dog!

Oh my, did you see Giant George on Oprah's show yesterday? He weighs 250 lbs and eats $300 worth of food and treats per month!!!!

Sleeps on a queen size mattress.....



And loves to ride in the golf cart.....



He is such a beautiful dog and had the sweetest face. His owner did say you don't want him to step on you....it hurts!! HA I can imagine!! His size makes his life expectancy only 7 years which is very sad to me!

George is the Guinness Book's biggest dog!

Nanny

13 comments:

Blair @ Reasonably Swanky said...

OMG that is crazy!! I would die if I had to clean up after that dog. My dog weighs 80 pounds and most days I think he's to big to be an inside dog.

Joyce said...

Do they have a biggest loser show for dogs:)
Joyce

Julie Harward said...

I love great danes, they are so gentle! (Yhe little purse key holder, I got it at TJ Maxx) :D

grammy said...

I did see the show...and he is a giant. I had a great dane when I was a kid...very sweet and not as big as that one. How about the 16 year old girl that was 6'10" She was very sweet and seemed well adjusted.

Tricia @ Bluff Area Daily said...

Mercy! 250? That's ENORMOUS for a dog... that's a HORSE!
He does look awful sweet, though!

Betsy said...

He's beautiful...and huge!

Love Being a Nonny said...

Oh My Word!! Huge!! I didn't see Oprah yesterday. Hate I missed it!

Pam said...

What a cutie!

Alison said...

I had to rewind and watch the guy do the 2minute painting of Albert Einstein and wasn't the chocolate set cool? That would have been a fun show.

Solar Powered said...

I have to go back and watch this show. I want George! What a perfect name.

Tasha said...

WOW! George looks more like a horse than a dog! I love Oprah and I miss getting to watch her during the day!

Jill said...

I saw this on my Yahoo page...it makes me sad too...that he will age so quickly...but he is living in TIP TOP doggie style!
WHAT a sweetie!

linda said...

I didn't see the show but some friends were talking about it at work yesterday. He's got such a sweet sweet face!