Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Microsoft, Apple, Adobe

I am home alone and very much need to vent.......I have chosen YOU to hear my problems!!

I told you about my purchase of Windows 8.  I like the looks of the screen, I like the speed of the system.   OK that's 2 likes, now for the dislikes!

I cannot open my ITunes Library.  Now that's a big one.  I like my music and love adding new songs to our ipods, my ipad, and my phone.  I googled this problem and the answers ranged from, uninstall iTunes and reinstall to no, they aren't compatible at all. I opted to try this, uninstall, CAN'T find the program on the uninstall screen!!  Then there was the  forget ITunes and use Xbox (offered with win8) Why would I do that? They charge a monthly charge whether you purchase music or not! It's a conspiracy, I tell you.  Apple and Microsoft are working against us!!

Next problem:  I have Photoshop, or did have.  Can't find it either.  Read the same suggestions....just upgrade from CS4 to the newest and it will work.  If I can't open CS4 can I upgrade?  Adobe please help me!  I've had it for 5 years and it was an investment to say the least.  I don't even know where the installation disc is.........

If you are contemplating an upgrade, I would hold out!  Evidently this 8 was released before it was ready to accept these issues.  Has any upgrade ever been without bugs?  So frustrating to the consumer!!

You know how much I hate change......did it just to bring work home with me......bad idea anyway!

I had some great pictures and my last week of fun to share with you but got sidetracked with this stupid computer.  Maybe tomorrow!  If I can find my pictures!!

16 comments:

Michelle said...

I am not contemplating an upgrade right now. Things like this always bother me too. I like getting things done in a routine! I hope you get this worked out!

Cheryl @ TFD said...

Sorry, wish I could help you. I have Windows 7 and hope it lasts another few years. I hate change! Good luck to you!
Thanks for stopping by my blog. I appreciate visits and comments.

Kay said...

Oh dear... I'm so sorry. I have Windows 7. We were going to get 8, but my son-in-law said to wait on it. Thank you for the warning. I shall heed it.

hidden art of homemaking said...

we are waiting on getting windows 8...maybe we made the right decision. I hope you get all the bugs ironed out. I hate to have to spend hours on the computer looking for 'lost' things...hugs..
Mona

Tanna said...

Oh, Nanny!!! Such horror stories. I feel your pain! I spent eight hours trying to find what the h%&$ happened to my QuickBooks AGAIN! It is fixed... for the moment. I'm with ya sister! blessings ~ tanna

Amanda said...

Oh goodness me. I'm so sorry - I sure hope the bugs are worked out for you by now.

Anonymous said...

I like my Windows 7 and have no reason to change, thank goodness.

Betsy Brock said...

I think I'll wait to upgrade! Thanks for the warning! Hope you get it all worked out...upgrading should make things better, not worse!

Jill from Killeny Glen said...

Ugh...nothing frustrates me as well as computer glitches and upgrades! Aren't they SUPPOSE to make life easier NOT CRAZIER!!!

Hope you are well!

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

I don't upgrade or change if I don't have to. Much prefer to just work with what I've got. All these companies just keep making new stuff so that you can spend more money. Hope you got things sorted out over there and that all is well. Best wishes, Tammy

Betsy Brock said...

just stopping in to say hello. Miss you!

Tanna said...

I MISS YOU!!!! xoxo ~ t.

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

Hope everything is okay over there. Best wishes, Tammy

Betsy Brock said...

STILL miss you! ♥

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

Miss you Nanny! I hate windows 8. It has killed my computer -- blah!

Ewa said...

Hello! I would like to open cosmetology salon. Do you have an experience in this business? There are too many options in beauty salon equipment. Could you give me an advise? What companies are more reliable to buy 14 in 1 facial machine and Nova diamond microdermabrasion machine?