Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Neighborhood Cellar

I spotted this bus recently and wondered.....are they disposing of this bus or actually making a storm cellar? I had a feeling it was being used as a cellar but today I got the answer.


I decided I just had to have a picture of this....you know, the blogger came out of me! Yes, I was at a 4 way stop and yes highway department trucks were lined up on the side of the road when the crazy lady with the camera rolled her window down!
Just as I got focused....a man appeared.  Don't know if he was just coming out from last nights storm or getting ready for round two...tonight!


I'll bet his neighbors are proud he buried the bus!!! It's bound to be the neighborhood cellar!

18 comments:

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

Would this hold up in a tornado? The tornados this spring have been so terrible. I hope you stay safe, Nanny!

elle dee photography said...

omg! can we all say 'country'!?!? mercy this is the best thing i've seen all day!

elle dee photography said...

my wordpress login won't work... so today i am 'elle dee' instead of 'lindsay denice'...

Solar Powered said...

now that is funny. that might be a kind of storm cellar I would enter :) any chance there is a flat screen in there?

grammy said...

Well I'll be!!!
new and crazy things are always appearing on the radar.
Now I really want to know what it is for??

Gypsy Heart said...

Interesting! We have had tornadoes dancing all around us the past few days and nights ~ not fun. I think this is a grand idea. :-)

I so want to respond to you via email but can't. Thanks so much for your kind words. Hope all is well in your world!

xo
Pat

Alison said...

NANNY! LOL!!!!
You're not representin' Arkansas well this post!

Will you be going to the neighborhood storm shelter?

Alison said...

oops..."with this post"

Michelle said...

This looks like something you might find out my way in the sticks! Bless whoever buried this bus. Hope it is a safe haven for the neighborhood.

MarieElizabeth said...

Well, that is a creative use of an old bus. And quite the talk of the neighborhood, I'm sure!

nanny said...

Well folks, this is not in my neighborhood. If it was I promise I would shoot interior shots....lol

nanny said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
nanny said...

oops....deleted...
Alison, just keeping it real!
Arkansas....gotta love it!

Marguerite said...

Very creative! The bus and the photographer! lol

Cloudia said...

how clever!




Warm Aloha from Honolulu


Comfort Spiral

><}}(°>


><}}(°>

<°)}}><

Nancy Grossi ~ Churned In Cali ~ The Wife of a Dairyman said...

Oh dear!

Pat - Arkansas said...

Much better put to that use than to be hauled to the woods and allowed to rust out. I could have used a hidey-hole myself during all the storms that have been coming too close.

Stay safe.

Tanna said...

love it!