Saturday, July 23, 2011

Side Salad

I've had a page tagged in one of my cookbooks just waiting until I had fresh tomatoes and cucumbers.  After my visit to the farmers market this week I decided to use the cherry tomatoes for this salad.

I knew I would love it cause it has vinegar in it. 

katydid 003

I wasn't disappointed.....it was delicious. (all gone now)

Marinated Tomato and Cucumber Salad

Dressing:
1/2 cup white wine vinegar
3 T sugar
1 T olive oil
1 tsp dried basil
1/4 tsp salt
1/8 tsp black pepper

Salad:
2 cups chopped tomatoes
2 cups chopped cucumbers
1/2 cup finely chopped onion

Combine dressing ingredients and mix well. Combine salad ingredients. Add dressing to salad and mix. Marinate 4 to 24 hours (if you can stay out of it)

I made half a recipe since I figured I would be the only one eating it. Perfect side salad for almost anything.

15 comments:

Deb said...

oh yeah that is a great salad...made my mouth water just reading about it...

Betsy said...

yum...and I have everything to make it!

T's Daily Treasures said...

No doubt it is good! We have fabulous olive oil that we bring from Jordan and it makes any salad absolutely delicious with just a bit of salt, pepper, lemon juice and garlic powder. Yummo! Hope you are having a great day. Tammy

Sandi said...

Yum, this looks good! I'm hosting a "Cloudy with Chance of Meatballs" 5th Birthday party for my granddaughter this coming weekend. This looks like a perfect salad. Thanks for sharing!

It's Just Dottie said...

I have everything to make it, too.
Dottie

Marguerite said...

Love this salad! Looks great and I think I'll make one right now! Have a wonderful weekend!

Tricia ♥Charming Barn Hunter♥ said...

Ohhhh my mouth is watering, that looks soooo good! =)

Tanna at The Brick Street Bungalow said...

I know that was soooo good. Crisp and refreshing in this withering heat! Just the kind of recipes we need! Thank you. blessings ~ tanna

tootie said...

This looks so good and colorful! I will have to try this!

Linda said...

HI! Am your Newest Follower!
Love your blog and love that you love to read and enjoy a good book, too! Your family is beautiful...

Thanks for sharing photos of your life -

The side salad looks easy and delish - something I need to have - I live in South Florida, so summery foods are used year-round!

Nice to "meet you!"
Happy Sunday-
Linda
beachside cottage

Mary said...

Your salad has absolutely glorious color and I can imagine the wonderful taste these flavors produce. This is a first rate recipe.I hope you have a wonderful evening. Blessings...Mary

EG Wow said...

Thanks for the recipe! It'll come in handy when my tomatoes and tomatoes are ready to pick. :))

grammy said...

that looks so delicious (o:

Gypsy Heart said...

This is something I know I'd love! Glad you shared it my friend.

xo
Pat

Psychgrad said...

I'm going to have to try this -- my garden is going crazy with English cucumbers!