Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Traveling Tuesday

Grand Canyon of the Pacific


I couldn't let you think that all Kauai has to offer is: world famous beaches, dramatic waterfalls, painted sunrises and sunsets, because it also has a canyon that literally takes your breath away.

Kauai 751

From Fodor's:
Carved over countless centuries by the Waimea River and the forces of wind and rain, Waimea Canyon is a dramatic gorge which is 3,600 feet deep, 2 miles wide and 10 miles long.

Kauai 763

I love participating in Whistlestop Cafe Cooking's, Traveling Tuesday, click here and join us!!
Let's go traveling!

11 comments:

EG CameraGirl said...

Wow! I never would have guessed you could see this on Kauai!

Grandmother Mary said...

Reminds me of the Grand Canyon- gorgeous. I didn't see this in Kauai when I saw the other things you mentioned..

Jill from Killeny Glen said...

Just GORGEOUS Nanny!

Anonymous said...

WoW! Mouth dropping beautiful, Nanny! Excellent shots & what a vacation =)

grammy said...

Beautiful view (o:
Just caught up....love your lizard patrol...
and my the yummy food you have around there...my poor husband. He gets the bare minimum (o:

Did you say to download to flicker??? It goes to iphoto, then what do I do to get it to flicker? I am so challenged....

Cloudia said...

great view of the Garden Isle!


Warm Aloha from Waikiki;

Comfort Spiral


> < } } ( ° >



><}}(°>

< ° ) } } > <

Sandi @the WhistleStop Cafe said...

This is not the typical picture you see from Kauai~ fabulous!

Thanks for joining Traveling Tuesday... where are we going next week?

Tanna said...

Loved taking this little trip! Those layers are so interesting!! beautiful photos! blessings ~ tanna

It's Just Dottie said...

So very wonderful. I am so glad you went and I can see it though you eyes.
Dottie

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

Wow This is so beautiful! I really hope to visit Hawaii one day.

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

Absolutely beautiful. I've been wanting to join this meme but couldn't figure out where it was -- thanks for sharing. Maybe I will join next week, if I can remember. :) Best wishes, Tammy