Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Traveling Tuesday

Grand Canyon of the Pacific


I couldn't let you think that all Kauai has to offer is: world famous beaches, dramatic waterfalls, painted sunrises and sunsets, because it also has a canyon that literally takes your breath away.

Kauai 751

From Fodor's:
Carved over countless centuries by the Waimea River and the forces of wind and rain, Waimea Canyon is a dramatic gorge which is 3,600 feet deep, 2 miles wide and 10 miles long.

Kauai 763

I love participating in Whistlestop Cafe Cooking's, Traveling Tuesday, click here and join us!!
Let's go traveling!

12 comments:

EG Wow said...

Wow! I never would have guessed you could see this on Kauai!

Grandmother said...

Reminds me of the Grand Canyon- gorgeous. I didn't see this in Kauai when I saw the other things you mentioned..

Jill from Killeny Glen said...

Just GORGEOUS Nanny!

Tricia said...

WoW! Mouth dropping beautiful, Nanny! Excellent shots & what a vacation =)

grammy said...

Beautiful view (o:
Just caught up....love your lizard patrol...
and my the yummy food you have around there...my poor husband. He gets the bare minimum (o:

Did you say to download to flicker??? It goes to iphoto, then what do I do to get it to flicker? I am so challenged....

Cloudia said...

great view of the Garden Isle!


Warm Aloha from Waikiki;

Comfort Spiral


> < } } ( ° >



><}}(°>

< ° ) } } > <

Sandi @the WhistleStop Cafe said...

This is not the typical picture you see from Kauai~ fabulous!

Thanks for joining Traveling Tuesday... where are we going next week?

Tanna at The Brick Street Bungalow said...

Loved taking this little trip! Those layers are so interesting!! beautiful photos! blessings ~ tanna

It's Just Dottie said...

So very wonderful. I am so glad you went and I can see it though you eyes.
Dottie

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

Wow This is so beautiful! I really hope to visit Hawaii one day.

Marina said...

It's beautiful!

T's Daily Treasures said...

Absolutely beautiful. I've been wanting to join this meme but couldn't figure out where it was -- thanks for sharing. Maybe I will join next week, if I can remember. :) Best wishes, Tammy