Tuesday, January 15, 2013

I Tried To Tell Them

Last week we had a couple of days that were in the high 60's.  Those days bring about changes in nature and I mean dramatic ones.  The jonquils must have been waiting to burst forth.  I mean look what they did.....


Looks like a volcano eruption...ground just lifted up.


I went out, snapped some pictures and tried to tell them not to do this.  You're jumping the gun, better wait awhile before coming up!  But no, they didn't listen to me.  Who do I think I am, Mother Nature!!

Well it was bound to happen. 


Sleet started to fall and boy did it fall.



It happened so fast and was so pretty.  "Was" is the key word.  It is already beginning to change to rain.  Yippee!   


I like this kind of snow/sleet.  Only here for a short time.  (I hope!) 
Best of luck to the early risers (jonquils)!

15 comments:

Michelle said...

We are getting a wintry mix tonight. Can't believe you are seeing the jonquils spring forth!

Anonymous said...

Weird Mother Nature! Sorry those flowers didn't bloom for you. Lol.

Betsy Banks Adams said...

We have the same problem... High temps this past weekend almost in the 70's... Now--we have freezing rain and temps in the 20's and lower 30's....

Our Jonquils/Daffodils are growing too --and we even have some Hyacinths blooming... Scary---It's MUCH too early...

Crazy weather.
Hugs,
Betsy

Kathy G said...

I saw some daffodils poking up over the weekend, right before it got wintry again. Somehow they always survive, though.

Velva said...

My trees, shrubs and other plants are totally confused. It has been terribly warm-things are beginning to flower only to be crushed by the next cold snap.


Velva

Amanda said...

I love the jonquils. I look for one in particular every spring because it is always the first to welcome in the changing of seasons. I wonder if it has been an early riser as well... I'm going to have to check it out. Stay warm! =)

Cloudia said...

I love your intimacy with nature, and how you easily share it with us!



Aloha from Honolulu,
Comfort Spiral
~ > < } } ( ° >
> < } } ( ° >

Tanna said...

We've been having a roller coaster of weather extremes, too!! LOL! I'm betting those jonquils make it! Hope you will let us know. Stay warm! blessings ~ tanna

Cheryl @ TFD said...

I'm already tired of winter and can't wait to see some flowers blooming. Your header is gorgeous!

Sandi @the WhistleStop Cafe said...

At this point... they should be ok. I am the person who is out cutting blooms before a freeze.
~we rarely get snow!

hidden art of homemaking said...

yep...that's going on here too..we are supposed to get wintry mix tonight....
Mona

Jill from Killeny Glen said...

OH YES...it is going to happen....hope it did NOT ruin your flowers for spring!

Miss Meat and Potatoes said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog! Oh the trials and tribulations of gardening... I have brought my meyer lemon tree in SO many times this year. Which is crazy considering it was almost 80 in Austin right before Christmas!

EvalinaMaria said...

You have a very lovely blog. I'm a new follower and a 'Grow Your Blog' participant. Have fun at the party!

Evalina, This and that...

Kay said...

I remember having that problem all the time in Illinois. My hyacinths were particularly early at times. The crocuses too.