Wednesday, November 17, 2010

A Day In The Nest

There aren't many days that I stay home "all" day. Today was the first in a long time. I love to stay home. I could easily become a recluse.....if I had plenty of supplies on hand...if I could see my family....if I could shop...well maybe not a recluse but I do love a good day at home!



Trixie enjoyed staying in her bed and watching me work.



I used the leftover roast from Pioneer Womans' Perfect Pot Roast to make vegetable soup for supper. Soup is my main reason for having roast! I love the leftovers almost more than the original meal.



Laundry - done
Floors - done
Online Christmas Shopping - done (I love it)

IPod - updated with Zac Brown Band and The Beatles....yes....Beatles are on ITunes now! I purchased the Rubber Soul album...Oh I love it! In My Life is such a beautiful song, I will listen to it and the entire album with fond memories!!!!

I hope you all had a great day! We had a cold front move through after lunch and I am ready for soup and cornbread....(then Survivor) Speaking of TV, did you see Brandy's face when she was eliminated from DWTS? I know she was shocked, I was too, but she looked, shall I say angry?
Nanny

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice rock fireplace, Nanny! The soup looks deeelish!

Tanna said...

I LOVE to have days that I never have to leave the house! Trixie sure looks like she enjoyed the day also. Man that soup looks good. I've never used leftover pot roast for soup; now, I have a plan!! =) thanks for the idea!

Solar Powered said...

That day looks perfect! I love that "home" plaque! Ahhh...soup...mmmm. We had soup from Whole Foods and I am about to fall asleep and it is not even 7:00.

Amanda said...

I love days at home. Alex and I have a lot. I like it that way. As for DWTS, I didn't see last night's show, but I'm so disappointed Brandy went home. I wanted her to win. Very strange season - varying degrees of talent in the finale. Do you think Bristol will win?

Betsy Brock said...

I have that exact little sign on my desk! TJ Maxx?? :) I love home...home all day! In fact, I try to run all of my errands one day and have the other 4 of the work week at home...lovely.

soup..perfect!

nanny said...

Yes Betsy, TJ Maxx....when I saw it, I just had to have it!
Amanda, at this point it wouldn't surprise me if Bristol wins,,,,,,even though I DO NOT think she deserves it. I thought is was a dance contest....oh well....

Deb said...

sounds like a great day...cold front hit us today....lots of wind

Betsy Banks Adams said...

I love being at home also---and there are MANY days that we stay home ALL day... Love it!!!!!! When we do go out and run errands, we try to do several things at the same time --so as not to have to go out again the next day or so.... YES---I'm definitely a recluse (unless we are traveling or hiking in the woods --which I LOVE)... ha
Hugs,
Betsy

Rose said...

you were a very busy woman. we all need some days like this,but after this I want to escape. cute dog. rose

It's Just Dottie said...

I am a stay at home kind of girl. Your soup looks yummy and oh my cornbread!
I made the ham salad recipe you posted about. It was so good. Dax told me at lunch time his sandwich was delicious. Smiles, Dottie

Anonymous said...

Amen! There's no place like home :-)

Marguerite said...

What a lovely fireplace! And that soup looks divine! Thanks for sharing!

Jill from Killeny Glen said...

Mmmmmm, soup...I ADORE soup!
I love to stay home...I could putter for HOURS!

Grandmother Mary said...

I like to wear my pj's all day on my stay at home days. It feels so decadent, homey, comforting.

Alison said...

I missed DWTS!!!! But, I think I'd look angry too if I were her. Bristol? Really?
The soup looks delicious. I think you should stay home more and start working on Nanny's cook book. You could give PW a run for her money.

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

If I had a big beautiful fireplace like yours to curl up in front of, I'd love to stay home too!

I love the Rubber Soul Album! PBS is having a John Lennon special on Monday night.