Tuesday, November 30, 2010

O J



Have you tried the new Trop50?

The commercials are well done.....I mean orange juice with 50% less calories. That's worth a try, right? No artificial sweeteners...(well that's what the label says) I'm all for less sugar and calories but I do not like sweeteners so this sounds appealing to me.


I buy it, I taste it, YUCK! It is so artificial that I can't swallow it!


Now I'm reading the label (next time I'll read before I buy)


Orange Juice Beverage....beverage


Ingredients; Filtered water, not from concentrate pasteurized orange juice, malic acid, citric acid, natural flavors and (AND) Reb A (pure via brand). What is Reb A you ask? So did I.

Google = New sugar substitute Reb A hits shelves...Rebaudioside A, natural extract from the stevia plant known as reb a, got much awaited approval from the FDA. Coca Cola and Pepsi have jumped to try it right away in a few mainly juice and water products to see how consumers accept it.

If anyone out there cares.....this consumer does not accept it. It is a poor excuse for orange juice.

Forgive me Minute Maid


Forgive me Simply Orange



Lesson learned!

These two have the flavor I crave. Good, Fresh, Orange Juice with 110 delicious calories/8 oz.
I'll save 50 calories somewhere else.....

18 comments:

Michelle said...

I am with you on this. I really dislike the flavor of artificial sweetners, no matter how "natural" the plant they come from. How about people just limit their intake of sugar and calories on a daily basis?!

Tanna said...

Thanks for the heads up, Nanny!!

BTW, do you think the doldrums post-little one visits will EVER get better???

Betsy Brock said...

Oh, what sneaky advertising! I'd rather drink less and have it real!

Julie Harward said...

Thanks for your visit...and I agree, the only two brands of OJ worth drinking are the last two! ;D

Amanda said...

When it comes to OJ, I like to buy the kind with extra Calcium. Who cares about calories when your bones are getting a little boost, right? That's what I tell myself anyway. =)

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Amen to that, Nanny.... I don't drink too much OJ--but when I do, I want the REAL thing..... Like you said, we'll save our calories in other ways.
Hugs,
Betsy

Lisa said...

Ads do sell!

Hello Nanny, thank you for visiting and I am happy to be able to visit again and to see familiar faces :)

Solar Powered said...

I'm with Amanda on this one. Extra calcium for me. I've tried that low sugar one...it's gross.

Justabeachkat said...

Thanks Nanny for saving me from making the same mistake. I don't drink much OJ, but my husband does. I'll steer clear of this one.

Hugs,
Kat

grammy said...

It would have fooled me too
those tricky labels (o:

Cheryl said...

I agree with your assessment of the Trop50 orange juice-yech! I will take the "real thing" in moderation.

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

I wouldn't like this drink either! It sounds like --shudder--Tang!

I hardly drink orange juice anymore, anyway. I like to eat a regular orange instead.

KBeau said...

I made the same mistake not long ago. Nothing like the real thing.

Jill from Killeny Glen said...

Orange juice is like a little glass of SUNSHINE! Don't be messin' with my sunshine!

I am like you in that I do NOT do artificial sweeteners BUT would love to go less sugar...but NOT give up my sunshine! NO WAY!

Deb said...

I just eat an orange instead...

Sandi @the WhistleStop Cafe said...

Awesome... This is a public service announcement. That really made me chuckle!!

Tasha said...

Thanks for the warning! I'm glad I saw this blog before I saw that orange juice "beverage" at the store! I probably would've tried it too!

Lord Aku said...

What a blessings this post is to my taste buds!