Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Starting Over


She froze up and quit cooling! The bad thing is, I didn't know she wasn't cooling, I just noticed the icecubes were small, hollow, and clear. I had to throw away lot of stuff......I am so ashamed!! I knew my cheddar and crackers tasted funny the other night but didn't realize why.
Well I washed all of the shelves and it looks brand new. I am not going to clutter my refrigerator up with condiments again! How many steak sauces and salad dressings do you really need? And then there is hot sauce, tabasco sauce, pepper sauce, hot wing sauce I mean I didn't have room to sit a bowl of leftovers! I had salad dressings that I don't even like. I just kept them instead of throwing them away.. If you wait on the expiration date and then throw away it seems better.....
Hopefully hubby will have the part in hand to get her running tonight and I can buy groceries, (no condiments) tomorrow....ha
Nanny

7 comments:

Deb said...

good luck getting her going...

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Your frig/freezer looks just like mine... I probably need to clean mine out --just like you did... We do seem to collect too many bottles of salad dressings, etc.... Mercy Me!!!!!

We did buy a 2nd frig for the utility room... That helps so much with the clutter....

Hope you get the right part and get that little 'thing' working properly again.
Hugs,
Betsy

Together We Save said...

I hope the new part comes in soon... I am sure you hated to waste all that food!

Jill from Killeny Glen said...

OH dear! Hope it is up and running by now.

I love a CLEAN fridge. As for the condiments...HOW will you EVER stay away from them? So many to choose from and so tasty!

Joyce said...

Hope you are up and running in no time. Not fun to be without a fridge in the summer. I am doing a remodel so I have been researching fridge models for the past month. So many choices. Still can't find a new model that will actually defrost a meal for me and cook and clean up for me:-)
Joyce

Rose said...

i hate cleaning the refr. hate it worse whe it gets sick. have a good day.

grammy said...

yikes
my sisters quit last week
and sad to say
she had to get a new one....yikes
better to happen when you are home and not on a vacation
I have heard horror stories of that