Wednesday, August 18, 2010

A Good Night For Carryout

Yesterday I felt the need to hit the malls and Target in Little Rock. I mean they must have fall clothes out by now.I wasn't disappointed in the least....lots and lots of cute fall pants and blouses...No, I didn't buy any jeggins, although they were in every store!!After a full day of running, I didn't want to cook supper but I knew I would be passing a popular BBQ place on the way home...yes, carryout will work!





Ribs, slaw and potato salad to go please..







You might have seen The Mean Pig BBQ featured on Man vs Food recently. "Adam attempts to devour a super spicy pulled pork sandwich known as the Shut-Up Juice Challenge". Mean pig has four flavors of sauce; mild, medium, hot and shut-up!!! We had mild/ha
Adam completed the challenge by drinking milk (yuck) along with the shut-up juice, but he was sweating! And for all of his suffering he won "A T-Shirt"!



I told the owner I saw the show recently and he said he can always tell when it has been on based on the number of calls he receives for orders. He has an order ready to ship to Scotland and one to the UK....wow. I asked him how he ships food that far. He freezes it and packs it in dry ice! It reminded me of the Mash episode when Hawkeye was trying to order ribs from Adam's Rib in Chicago...it was so funny!

Mean Pig is close to the Jacksonville Air Base and many of his customers are in the military. He said when they get transferred they always take food with them...hence the orders from other countries.

If you are ever in the Little Rock area, check out The Mean Pig for some finger licking good BBQ.
Nanny

14 comments:

Julie Harward said...

Thanks for your visit and kindness. This sounds so yummy..I love ribs! ;D

Faith said...

Glad you guys have fun! the food looks great:)

Faith

Anonymous said...

Hi Nanny! Yum yum, all I can say,ha I havent had dinner yet so.Happy rest of the week!

Betsy Brock said...

The perfect day...shopping and no cooking! ha. And I know your hubs was happy with THAT dinner! yum. I can almost smell it.

Nancy's Notes said...

Oh, those look finger lickin' good! I think after shopping, always calls for eating out! You know, when shopping, you work up your appetite, it's hard work, I know you know!

Nancy

Tanna said...

I LOVE Man vs Food!! Those ribs look lip-smackin' good!! That is wild about all the orders after the show... but, it stands to reason. Now, I'm going to show my ignorance... what the heck is a jegging????

nanny said...

LOL....Tanna.....stretchy leggins that look like jeans.....ugh....not for people who have anything to hide/lol....lol....ME!

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Hi Nanny, I'll bet that BBQ is good.... My mouth watered just reading about it... I'll remember that if we stop in Little Rock sometime.

Can't say that I've heard of jeggins.... I just read your comment explaining them... Don't think they are for me!!!! ha
Hugs,
Betsy

Deb said...

that's funny we just got through watching man vs food...not that episode...lOL

Anonymous said...

Man oh man, I haven't had ribs in sooo long, sounds really good!!!

Alison said...

If I had to choose between take out and Nanny's cooking then I'm going with Nanny's cooking every time. yum.

Anonymous said...

oh that sounds divine . . .

Solar Powered said...

i just can't take the word "jegging"...it sends a shriek down my spine every time I hear it. Ann Taylor assoiciate "have you tried our jeggings?". I might punch.

Amanda said...

Noted. Little Rock = Mean Pig BBQ. Sounds like it would be worth a trip!