Saturday, August 21, 2010

Trophy and Award!

My husband won his first trophy and is he ever thrilled! He was going to just look at the bikes at a recent show and got persuaded to enter his and he won!!! He doesn't have time to ride very often but he stops by and talks to her and tells her he misses her.............



Last week I was honored to receive the "Life is Good Award" from my friend, Marguerite of Cajun Delights. If you are looking for good cajun recipes and some delightful recipes handed down from Marguerite's Nanny, you must give her a visit. She keeps us informed of all of the festivals and fun going on in Cajun Country! Tell her Nanny sent you!


To accept this award, I must answer the 10 questions below and pass the award on to fellow bloggers.


1. If you blog anonymously, are you happy doing it that way; if you are not anonymous do you wish you had started out anonymously so you could be anonymous now? I decided to just be Nanny and keep the rest relatively private.


2. Describe one incident that shows your inner stubborn side. I was born in May...it would be hard to limit it to just one / ha


3. What do you see when you really look at yourself in the face in the mirror? I see a happy person looking back at me and wondering how the years went by so fast.


4. What is your favorite summer cold drink? Ice water with lemon or a Margarita on the rocks (maybe not in that order)


5. When you take time for yourself, what do you do? Easy, Go Shopping !


6. Is there something you still want to accomplish in your life? Nothing springs to my mind...I do wish I could learn to sit and relax and not feel the need to be working or cleaning all of the time.


7. When you attended school, were you the class clown, the class overachiever, the class shy person, or always ditching school? Describe who you were if not one of these? I wouldn't call myself an overachiever; I tried hard, made good grades but the citizenship part I couldn't grasp....Notes to parents; "talks too much", "if only she would be quiet".....lol


8. If you close your eyes and want to visualize a very poignant moment in your life, what do you see? The birth of my daughters and grandchildren!


9. Is it easy for you to share your true self in your blog or are you more comfortable writing posts about other people or events? Other people, events, foods, etc.....


10. If you had the choice to sit and read or talk on the phone, which would you do and why? The only phone conversations I have are with my daughters; other than those I would choose to read!


Now can I claim this perfect button?



I love it!


So many of you don't accept awards but please take the button and if you'd like to answer the questions please do so!!! I think everyone should have this one...for

Life Is Good!

Nanny

7 comments:

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Wow---your hubby won that bike???? What a trophy I'd say.... Wow!!!! Hope he can use it some.. We saw many bikers on the Skyline Drive and Blue Ridge Parkway.

Congrats on your award. I find that the people I get to know the best and who become great friends are the ones that I know their names and exchange emails with them fairly regularly. That is important to me. But--as you said, some people are private and choose to be that way (which is fine). I think they choose to be blog acquaintances for the most part, don't you?

Have a great Sunday.
Hugs,
Betsy

Betsy Brock said...

Well, this was fun! And that button is SO you!

Solar Powered said...

That was a lot of fun to read! I'm proud he won a trophy...what a great addition to the man cave. Men love trophys and medals don't they?

grammy said...

Congrats on the award (o:
Your hubbies bike is cool...glad he got a trophy
I stick to french Vanilla coffee creamer....surely they won't get rid of it.

Jill from Killeny Glen said...

Wonderful!
Love your answers!

GREAT bike!

Cheryl said...

Fun to learn more about a fellow blogger! I have certainly learned a lot about the big world out there through blogging!

Rose said...

cong.on the award. loved your answers. thanks for leaving a comment on my blog re military. take care rose