Friday, September 24, 2010

Betsy's Best Chocolate Cake

What do I do when I promise my grandson I'll bake him a big chocolate cake......Pillsbury just didn't seem to be the answer to this promise!
I seem to remember sweet and talented Betsy of My Five Men sharing her best chocolate cake recipe.....If five men say it is good, it must be.
So I got out the kitchen aid and gave it a try.
A couple of hours later (yes, I'm slow and make a mess)
this beauty was ready to be delivered.

I hesitate to serve anything without trying it (that's my excuse for cutting into his cake)ha.....so this morning I had a small piece with coffee.

If you notice on Betsy's comments on the cake recipe post....mine said, "I'm not a fan of chocolate but it looks good".....WRONG.....I love this cake and I want it all for me!!!! Can you just see the moistness? Oh my!



Jackson, I hope you enjoy your cake and pay no attention to the tears on the cake cover!

Have a good weekend all and GO HOGS!!
Nanny

17 comments:

Marguerite said...

Oooooweee,that cake looks GOOD!!! I'm drooling and would love to have a big piece, right now! Have a great weekend!

Patty said...

Looks really yummy.

Betsy Brock said...

Ooooh...I KNOW exactly how this cake tastes! yum! Thanks for trying it. And happy birthday to Jackson!

Alison said...

those pics look so good. i could just stick my fork right up to them.yum!!

It's Just Dottie said...

I have made Besty's chocolate cake. It has become my favorite. I am a chocolate lover. Today I made your pepper sauce. I planted mustard greens last week. I can hardly wait to try it on them!
Dottie

Amanda said...

I've got just the occasion for that cake this weekend! Thanks for sharing the link!

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

Yummy! This is one good looking chocolate cake! I bet Jackson loved it!

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

My favorite dessert is chocolate cake and this looks fabulous. I really, really need some. Hugs, Marty

Tanna said...

Nothing like a good chocolate cake!!! Oh, I'm wishing for a piece!!

Unknown said...

That cake looks soooo yummy!

Deb said...

does look moist and yummy...good thing no calories just looking...

Mary Bergfeld said...

I love the deep rich color of that cake. Your pictures set my mouth to watering. I hope you are having a wonderful day. Blessings...Mary

Anonymous said...

wow. just wow. good golly i want some of that... maybe next time your in dallas??? ;)

grammy said...

delicious ... What a Grandma (o:
Did you mail it?? Even a better grandma (o:

JGH said...

Looks amazing, Nanny! I made a mocha cake with my son the other night. The frosting was so easy - heavy cream, cocoa and instant coffee whipped together. Easy and so decadent!

Anonymous said...

Oh moist chocolate cake is awesome.If its Betsy its probably really to good,lol.So delish.

Jill from Killeny Glen said...

I make this one too! Betsy let me sample it once and I was SOLD! SOLD! SOLD! If I take it ANYWHERE there is NEVER any left...it disappears!