Thursday, September 16, 2010

Creole Stuffed Peppers

Do you know how happy it makes me to find a new recipe that will go on my list of favorites? Very ! I knew when I saw this recipe I would love it. It has so many delicious ingredients that it couldn't be anything short of scrumptious! For the recipe click here, Cajun Delights and while you are there look at all of the other delightful cajun recipes that Marguerite serves daily!!

The peppers are par boiled and cut up instead of stuffing whole. I like that idea.



The meat is browned, spices added and simmered for 20 minutes, allowing all of the flavors to come together. Then rice is folded into the mixture.



Next the layering of peppers, meat, and cheese....
Bake until bubbly and as Marguerite says; Cest bon cher!


And the leftovers are to die for! Even the husband wanted them.....that's a big Wow!

Nanny

16 comments:

Julie Harward said...

Thanks for your visit. I love stuffed peppers..this is a new way to do all of that..love it! :D

Debra Howard said...

Oh my hubby would love that one!
Debbie

Love Being A Nonny said...

I would LOVE this! This sounds like a great winter time meal. I'll keep it to try! Thanks!

Jill from Killeny Glen said...

Wow does that EVER look GOOD!

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Oh My Heart.... I would love this one, Nanny.... I spent 5 yrs. in New Orleans in the '80's ---and loved cajun and creole foods... YUM....

Thanks so much for this recipe.
Hugs,
Betsy

Marguerite said...

Now you are making me want to make these again! lol Looks like they came out perfect! Thanks so much for trying the recipe, and for the nice mention! I am totally honored! So glad that ya'll enjoyed it!

Together We Save said...

Wow - this look yummy!!

grammy said...

i do love a stuffed pepper and they are a pain to make
but that looks very doable

we have not went to the fair for a few years....it is in the hottest part of august ... and it is just not what it use to be... sadly

Unknown said...

we love stuffed peppers. these look so delicious, i'm gonna try them this way! thanks.

Patty said...

Looks really yummy.

Pam said...

I love this dish. Stuffed peppers are the best.

Tanna said...

I really like the idea that they are layered instead of stuffed! Sounds delicious!

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

Yummy! I never tried to cut up and layer my peppers with the stuffing like thus, but it looks so delicious I'm going to do that next time! Thanks!

Anonymous said...

nanny that looks amazing :)

Gypsy Heart said...

I can't wait to try this! Sounds delish and a lot easier than 'stuffing', right? :-)

xo
Pat

Greatma said...

Oh, yum, yum, yum, it looks soooooo good. Antique Rose