Monday, September 20, 2010

Kale Chips

Yes, that's what they are called.....very unusual uh?




I love First for women...the magazine. It's by the candy, gum and other temptations at the checkout at WalMart. It is filled with recipes, coupons, beauty tips, etc.

Kristen Bell's slimming kitchen cure was just so interesting that I had to try it first.

"The actress calls homemade kale chips her "everything superfood", and for good reason! Kale is rich in fiber, which boosts satiety, and trace minerals that optimize metabolism. To make: Break up fresh kale leaves, drizzle with olive oil and add sea salt. Then bake in a preheated 400 deg. oven for 10 min., or just until browned. Kale is available st supermarkets for most of the year. Look for bunches with the darkest green color and the stiffest leaves.

The flavor is remarkable. Pure fresh kale in every bite. Crunchy with a hint of salt. I had to walk away from the chips to keep from eating the entire pan while standing in one place. If you like the flavor of greens, give this snack a try. I know it is not for everyone and I will be in trouble if there is a trace of the scent left in the house when you know who comes home.......ha. But if I don't contain myself they will all be gone before he gets home!
Nanny

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Nanny! I thought I was imagining what I read LOL.But yes they are chips, how unusual.But they sound delish.I love olive oil I use it with almost everything I make.Have never tried sea salt though.Im going to try these.

Happy new week ahead I think tommorow is the first day of fall I love it!

tootie said...

This looks like something I'd love! I will have to give it a try. (And since it doesn't sound like something my husband would like, I could eat them all myself, haha :)

Julie Harward said...

Hi there...these sound good, I have never tried them before..very different! :D

Pam said...

I love kale in soup but have never tried roasting it. Great idea.

Anonymous said...

Nanny~You could make that,silly LOL.I love typing Nanny from what my parents have told me she was a lovely person,you must be as well.

Tanna said...

I LOVE kale! I am sure this would be my new favorite way to eat it if I made it! The problem would be stopping myself! LOL! Hope you hid your scent in time! LOL!

Gypsy Heart said...

A friend told me about these eons ago, however, I didn't try it either. I will now! Sounds good and definitely healthy.

Thanks so much for stopping by ~
xo
Pat

Solar Powered said...

Interesting but I think I would have the opposite problem at my house...fighting Brewmaster for the last one!

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

I've heard mixed reviews about kale chips on some foodie blogs. I guess if a person does not like them as a veggie they won't like them as a chip. I'd eat them and I'm sure they are good.

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Hi Nanny, I have never heard of Kale Chips.... I grew up with my mother cooking Kale greens ---so I have eaten Kale alot as a little girls.. But--not Kale chips....Hmmmmm... I may try that sometime... Thanks for sharing.
Hugs,
Betsy

Jill from Killeny Glen said...

WHOA! Never seen anything like it BUT I certainly would try it!

I cannot even imagine the looks on my kids' faces if I made this! HA! Might have to try it just for my own satisfaction.

grammy said...

My neighbor wanted to know if I wanted some from her garden. I had no idea what to do with it...good tip. It is super good for you I know (o: