Sunday, November 13, 2011

Easy Chicken and Dumplings

dumplingssunrise 053 by tempstarman


I follow The Southern Lady Cooks on Twitter and now her blog also.....when I saw her dumpling picture on twitter I knew this was one recipe I had to try. 

I usually buy Mary B's frozen dumplings.  They are similar to noodles in my opinion.  I like them but I prefer drop dumplings (that's what mama made).  

Hubby doesn't like them so I have made the switch just for him.

I thought he might really like these, (they look like the kind his grandparents made)  He ate them and only comment was, "too thick"!  That man!  They were simply delicious.  Next time I will roll them thinner.......

For the recipe go to The Southern Lady Cooks.com  I am not having any luck with sharing links lately....... You'll enjoy browsing The Southern Lady's recipes....I sure did!

I promise you will love this great comfort dish. 

I am having lots of computer problems.  If I haven't visited you it isn't because I haven't tried.  When I go to a blog other than mine, computer just locks up.  So frustrating.

10 comments:

Michelle said...

I will have to check out this recipe. I always love chicken-n-dumplings when my mama made them.

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Great comfort food, Nanny.... I love chicken and dumplings. That's one thing I enjoy eating at Cracker Barrel. I've never tried to make it here at home...

Hugs,
Betsy

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

I've only made dumplings a few times in the past I liked them, but my kids and husband did not so I never tried making them again. I think it is time for another try!

I hope you find out what is wrong wtih your computer, Nanny. I know how frustrating that problem is :( have you updated your virus program and run a complete scan? Then try defragmenting your hard drive. If that doesn't work you may need a professional to look at it.

Tanna said...

These look p.e.r.f.e.c.t. to me!! Oh, how I love a good bowl of chicken and dumplings!

I feel your pain with the computer issues, Nanny. It is soooo frustrating. Hope yours gets resolved soon! Blessings ~ tanna

Kay said...

This looks really wonderful. You know I've never had chicken and dumplings, but this looks tasty.

Betsy Brock said...

too thick? like his head? lol...sorry..I mean that with the upmost love and respect for your hubs. ha. :) They sure look delish. I've only made dumplings once I think..the drop kind. Wow..I think I need to try this soon. Turkey and dumplings would be great with thanksgiving leftovers!

Sandi said...

I grew up on chicken and noodles, yet dumplings have always teased my eye.

Easy?

I may have to try this with the Grands!

Anonymous said...

Hi Nanny! Your chicken and dumplings look wonderful and I am happy you enjoyed the recipe. Most people like these dumplings but you will have to make your hubby some thinner ones. Thank you for posting and trying my recipe. I am sorry about your computer troubles. Thank you, too, for being a fan of The Southern Lady Cooks.

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

My chicken and dumplings were always requested for Thanksgiving and Christmas over the years (now that I no longer eat meat, I don't make them anymore). But I will tell you a secret I learned from my ex-mother-in-law, easiest dumplings you will ever make. Flour tortillas. Just cut or rip them into small squares and throw them into your pot at the end. They cook up in no time and are the perfect dumplings ever! I bet even hubby will like them. Best wishes, Tammy

Marguerite said...

Great recipe, looks scrumptious! sorry you're still having computer woes. Sounds like a virus and you may have to call the Geek Squad!