Friday, January 6, 2012

No Frosting Required!

I am not a frosting person.  I think it goes back to childhood.  I remember two cakes that were popular at our house. One was angel food (yum, still love it) and the other was a store bought, loaf shaped, marble pound cake.  I could eat the entire cake (not that big) ha.   It was so moist and delicious.   I've had a bundt cake recipe for years and I pull it out of the file occasionally and always enjoy it while dreaming of that marble pound cake........


Fresh pecans, a touch of cinnamon, moist and delicious. (easy too)

Bundt Cake

1 box yellow cake mix
3/4 cup oil
3/4 cup water
1 box instant vanilla pudding
4 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp butter extract

Beat together all, except the eggs. Add eggs next, one at a time and then beat 8 minutes. Pour a small amount of oil in pan and add chopped pecans.

Mix 1/4 cup sugar & 2 tsp of cinnamon together. I think I only used about half of this mixture.

Pour in part of batter, sprinkle cinnamon mixture, then repeat.

Bake 350 degrees for 60 minutes.

There is an exception to my statement of not liking frosting......Betsy's Chocolate Cake.
If you haven't made this chocolate cake, you really must!

11 comments:

Ed & Jeanne said...

Frosting is required on everything. Why I just had it on my Cocoa Puffs (part of a balanced breakfast you know)...

Tanna said...

Nanny, you are not helping my resolve to lose the pounds gained while enjoying the visit from the Little Men! LOL! This looks delicious! Enjoy a piece... no several pieces, for me!! blessings ~ Tanna

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

I do like a good old fashioned buttercream frosting. You know the kind normally on wedding cakes. There's an American lady here who has a shop called Sugar & Spice and boy does she make good cakes and frosting. Have a great weekend. Tammy

Everyday Goddess said...

yum yum! love that kind of cake.

Betsy Brock said...

yum. That looks wonderful.

I only like my own frosting...real butter...real vanilla extract. ha.

Mary Bergfeld said...

Nanny, it looks delicious.I'm going to market this afternoon and will pick up the ingredients I a missing. Hopefully, I have your cake on my table by the end of the day. I hope you have a great day. Blessings...Mary

Marguerite said...

Looks scrumptious and would be perfect with a cup of coffee for breakfast! Thanks for sharing!

Kay said...

Mmmm... this really looks wonderful. I actually scrape off frosting from my desserts because I'm pre-diabetic. I don't miss it much, UNLESS it's chocolate.

Solar Powered said...

I inherited it. I don't like frosting either unless it is Target Whipped or Milk Chocolate out of the can. I love pound cake, yum.

It's Just Dottie said...

I don't like frosting either or things to sweet. I will try your recipe!!!!
Smiles, Dottie

grammy said...

Oh that looks delightful (o:
We are trying to cut way down on sugar around here... but it is everywhere I turn!! (o: