Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Soup VS Caramel

I felt the need to tell you that the Fat Burning Soup I made yesterday is delicious.  Filled with cabbage, stewed tomatoes, bell pepper, onion and broth with so much flavor.  I didn't get hungry before bed either.  The recipe states, "eat all you want, the more you eat the more you lose".  (my kind of recipe)

Today I found all the ingredients for Jillian's Water recipe and it is very pleasant.  Just a mild flavored water.  If I can't get the entire 60 oz. down per day I will at least have a pitcher of it ready to drink at all times.....

All this leads up to my husband coming home for lunch and asks me, "have you ever had homemade caramels"?
No, I replied, don't think I have.  A customer gave him a sack which he brought in and said "taste these".  Oh my, folks.....I forgot all about water and soup.....I love caramels but I didn't know they could ever taste this good!

 
The dark ones are cinnamon....haven't tried those yet.

I try, I really do, but bottom line is - my will power is lacking!

14 comments:

Jill said...

I couldn't pass up those caramels either!

Solar Powered said...

I could say "no" to some things but not a caramel of any sort!

Anonymous said...

haha! You sound like me!!! I have given up on dieting and exercising. I just wear baggy clothes and hope I don't look too hideous. Fortunately, my husband has learned not to criticize his wife! Lol.

Michelle said...

Who could resist those caramels!

Lisa said...

Husband coming home for lunch is as nice as yummy homemade caramel.

Betsy Brock said...

I would have to eat them all today just to get it over with! ha.

I've made home made caramel ice cream topping that was incredible, so I think I can imagine how good those are. Oh my!

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Oh My.... That caramel would call my name also... My mother used to make homemade caramel to give as Christmas presents to my teachers, etc.. They were so so so good...

The soup sounds fabulous... Get back to it ---once the caramels are gone!!!! ha
Hugs,
Betsy

tootie said...

Yum! I wouldn't be able to resist those either :)

Tanna said...

LOL!! I KNOW just what you mean, Nanny. I found the milk chocolate with almonds (my favorite) candy bar that Amanda had tucked in the pantry with a little ribbon on it yesterday... yep, I sure did enjoy it! LOL! We start again... blessings ~ Tanna

Jill from Killeny Glen said...

My grandmother makes home made caramels every Christmas! I have never made them! I ADORE THEM.

Now, Nanny...I am REALLY intrigued by your soup...and the water...

Amanda said...

Hmmm. Seems like you'll be ok with a caramel or two if you just eat a little more soup. =)

And I loved your post about "anticipation." I think anticipation is almost as fun as what you're anticipating. I spent all fall so excited about our trip home for the holidays. Now if only I had another visit to be waiting for...

Anonymous said...

I hadn't heard anything about a woman that pays van der sloot's attorney fees... i'm watching cnn right now... waiting to hear something more about it... who is this woman & what does she have to do w/ sloot? his family is RICH, so why's some other woman paying his fees?

i've been following this case since Natalee was 1st missed because she was the same age as my daughter...

there's no telling how many other females he's killed... hurt, beat, maimed, etc... he's seriously deranged!

did you know that just before he went gambling in Peru, where he killed Stephanie Flores, he had been running a sex slave ring in Taiwan? I wouldn't be surprised if he died of HIV

Anonymous said...

Never mind... I googled it & finally found an article online about this woman & SHE'S A UNITED STATES DOCTOR! Dear GOD in Heaven... I bet she's an atheist... She'll have to answer to God one day... we all will!!!

Kay said...

I really do love soup, but it would be tremendously hard to pass up those homemade caramels. Mmmmmm....