Monday, January 2, 2012

Welcome 2012 !

Hard to believe uh?
It was so hard to say 2000 and wow 11 years have literally flown by.  Please slow down years.  You barely get started and then you are gone.
The turkey, ham, dressing, pies, cakes, black eyed peas are all gone....(thank goodness)  I am ready for a big plate of nachos, tacos or spaghetti, how about you.

The holidays were so much fun this year.  Having a two year old around makes them perfect.  I wish you could have seen her eyes when she spotted the pink kitchen Santa left her.  Oh it was fun! 

Sweetpea stayed a few days with Nanny and we sang jingle bells more times than I can count. (that's her favorite)  especially when I danced around and shook the strand of jingle bells (ha)

One of the highlights of the week was taking her for a haircut. She was a little angel.  Sat in the chair and didn't move a muscle.  Once she whispered to me..."nanny, it feels good"....All girl!  I think she would enjoyed a manicure too. (We'll put that on our list)

 Admiring her new "do".


2012 is sure to be a great year, Lila is having a baby brother in May!!!! Yes, Nanny will have 2 granddaughters and two grandsons.....Life is Good.

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awww she's a cuuutie! =)

I'm on my computer at work (the one that WAS showing the funky font on your page) & everything is how it should be, now! I can't figure out what happened... it's a mystery!

Velva said...

Life is definitely good for you. What special memories you are creating for you and your family.

Looking forward to your posts in 2012-It should be an amazing year.

Cheers.
Velva

Anonymous said...

You sound so happy. That's great. You must be doing something right. Keep doing what you are doing!

grammy said...

so cute!!!
Take care of your knee... I had a fall...but God is good and I am fine.
Congrats on the new baby news (o:

Michelle said...

She is so sweet admiring her new haircut! Congrats to you!

Deb said...

love your new look...she is too cute...all girl...congrats on the new grandson...

Amanda said...

Baby girl is stylin'! Congrats on the grandbaby news. Can't wait to "meet" that precious grandson. =)

Betsy Brock said...

Oh yeah, I do agree that getting your haircut feels so good! If they would just shampoo and comb it out about 30 minutes longer. ha.

Lila looks adorable! So glad you had fun!

Tanna said...

I just cannot believe how much Lila has grown!! She is just a living doll. And, I am soooo excited about the newest Little Man to be arriving this year. Can you believe that we have enjoyed sharing news about these precious grandbabies for the last two years? My how time flies!! I am so very glad our paths crossed in this strange but wonderful blogland. Hugs and congrats! tanna

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Congrats Nanny.... You will have four grands!!!! I have five --and mine are all teens now!!!! Gosh--how time flies...

Love the new little haircut... SO cute...

Happy New Year.
Hugs,
Betsy

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

Congratulations on the new expected grandbaby, Nanny! You'll have a lot to look forward to in 2012.

Lila's new haircut looks so pretty! She is getting so big.

Wishing you avery happy and healthy new year!

Cloudia said...

thanks. I needed my heart warmed!


Happiest New Year wishes
with Warm Aloha from Waikiki
Comfort Spiral

> < } } ( ° >

Anonymous said...

Nanny, it's all messed up again! Did you do something different? Maybe you should send blogger an email asking, "what's going on?'" Unbelievable!

Jill from Killeny Glen said...

YEAH! What fun Nanny! LC is SO grown up looking these days!
Happy New Year!

Solar Powered said...

So glad LC could spend the time with you, I know she had a blast. Being with Nanny brings out the best in her! Can't wait till next time.

Mary Bergfeld said...

She is such a sweet child! Definitely a girly girl. I hope you had a wonderful holiday and that 2012 brings only good things your way. Have a great evening. Blessings...Mary

Marguerite said...

Sounds like your holidays were wonderful! I've been on a salad and grilled shrimp binge since New Years, after totally burning out on holiday food. :) Lila is so sweet and the haircut is adorable! Love that pic! Happy New Year!

Kay said...

Awww gee... What a cutie. She looks adorable with her new "do".