Tuesday, February 3, 2009

I Love Lemons!


Yes I do and I always have. I can eat them like an orange. I love a large glass of ice water with, Not a slice of lemon, But half a lemon. Guess you could say I like lemonade without the sugar.
Lemons have so many uses that I know we are all familiar with; just to list a few;

Keep rice from sticking, I love this one,

To keep your rice from sticking together in a gloppy mass, add a spoonful of lemon juice to the boiling water when cooking. When the rice is done, let it cool for a few minutes, then fluff with a fork before serving.

Make soggy lettuce crisp, I didn't know about this one, but will try,

Don't toss that soggy lettuce into the garbage. With the help of a little lemon juice you can toss it in a salad instead. Add the juice of half a lemon to a bowl of cold water. Then put the soggy lettuce in it and refrigerate for 1 hour. Make sure to dry the leaves completely before putting them into salads or sandwiches.

I came across this interesting article list 34 clever uses for my lemon!

3 comments:

Betsy Brock said...

Wow...good for you...all that Vitamin C! I'm afraid I couldn't eat a lemon like an orange, but I do love the flavor! Lemons are so versatile...I'm going to check out your link!

Sandi @the WhistleStop Cafe said...

Great ideas!

Barefoot in the Park said...

what great tips! thank you! i use lemons to clean out (and freshen up) my disposal!